Clinical Nutritionist & Counselor
My focus is on you as a Whole Person, helping you to recover your health and then co-creating a dynamic vibrant path for you to follow for years to come.
- Private Practice
- Program Coordinator of Get REAL™, Realistic Eating & Active Lifestyle Program
- School counseling in San Leandro and San Lorenzo, CA
- Counselor and Family Systems Educator for CoCreations for - Joyful Births, Ashland, OR
- Program Director Healthy U, Medford, OR
- Nutrition Specialist Johnson & Johnson, Medication Research
- Nutrition Specialist Pfizer, Medication Research
- Practice Manager Partners for Health, Ashland, OR
- Site Director WellSprings Centre for Natural Healing, Ashland, OR
PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH
- Author: “Reintroduction to Nutrition and Cancer Treatment”; Seminars in Oncological Nursing, Vol 21, No 3 (Aug), 2005; pp 164-172
- Contributor: The Fibromyalgia Solution by David Dryland MD
- Reviewer: Herb, Nutrient and Drug Interactions by Mitchel Stargrove, Jonathan Treasure and Dwight McKee
- Reviewer: Herbal Medicine, Healing and Cancer by Donald Yance
- Researcher: Heart Healthy Eating And Lifestyle Study (HHEAL)
- Regular blogger at Get REAL Life
- Master’s Degree Human Clinical Nutrition, University of Bridgeport CT, 2004
- Master’s Degree Counseling, California State University Hayward, 1995
- Pupil Personnel Services Certificate, California State University Hayward, 1995
- Multiple post-graduate programs: California State University Sacramento; John F Kennedy University, Orinda CA
- Bachelor’s Degree Psychology, University of California Santa Cruz 1988
"I wanted to let you know how incredibly thankful I am. This time last year, I was in and out of the ER and looking at the surgery to remove my colon. I have dealt with this disease my whole life and have been on the most horrible medication for the last 10 years. Now, thanks to YOU, I have been off ALL medication, no surgery, no flare ups, no pain, nothing!!! My Kaiser doctor still does not even want to hear about it, I put my story on a few Crohns-colitis sites but they keep being taken off (I know a lot of those sites are sponsored by pharmaceutical companies). Still wish I could reach a bigger audience with my story because I know so many people could have so much more quality of life if they only knew!!! I'll find a way!"
- Marieke J.
"I work with cancer patients using botanical medicine and clinical nutrition. In many cases, my patients require detailed assistance in implementing dietary changes in their program - far beyond the time and expertise that I have in this area. Kia has provided this referred "piece" for my patients for several years: from shopping lists and daily menus through to complex targeted clinical nutritional strategies - she covers all the bases. All my patients report positively - without exception - on her work. I believe her counseling skills contribute to her ability to assist a wide range of patients sometimes in diet. I can rely on her completely. Oh - yes - and she is a great cook!"
- Jonathan Treasure MA, MNIMH, RH (AHG)
"Kia not only knows her science, but is able to communicate it in a way that is easily digestible and totally applicable. I got amazing results from working with her. She is smart, and caring to her clients and is passionate about nutrition. I highly recommend her!"
- Annie M.
"The breadth of Kia's knowledge combined with her wide range of experience allows her to bring a fundamentally more holistic approach to helping you engage in your life to enjoy it more, feel healthier and connect more meaningfully with your friends, family and everyone else you come into contact with."
- Josh B.
"I've been raving about Kia ever since I met her. She's been a wealth of knowledge and a generous support system during this challenging year of health issues. "
"I'm feeling better than I've felt in more than a decade and weigh what I did when I was in my 20s. Wow! The power of food is phenomenal! "
"I've recommended her to many of my friends. She's a gem."
- Dana H.